Thursday, November 25, 2010

How to Change a Pontiac Grand Prix Spark Plugs?

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix V6 that I am trying to change the Spark Plugs out off. Could someone tell me what are right tools for the Job? And what the best way to change the plugs and the cables are? Also, I no nothing about cars, but I can follow directions to a %26quot;T%26quot;.How to Change a Pontiac Grand Prix Spark Plugs?For a V-6 Grand Prix you are going to have to have some tools and a little patience and time. The Grand Prix has a transverse engine, meaning it's oriented left to right (like lots of front wheel drive cars). The spark plugs in the front are fairly easy to get at - if you have a socket wrench with a universal joint, you will get those out easily.



The back ones, by the firewall, are going to be obstructed. You didn't say if you had the 3.1 or the 3.4, but they are all difficult.You may have to remove the air cleaner housing, or the wiper arm mechanism. You can do it yourself, however, unlike the earlier GM designs that required you to put the car on a lift so you could go underneath.



Hope that helps. Email with questions.How to Change a Pontiac Grand Prix Spark Plugs?Its very simple. You need a socket wrench and a spark plug socket for the wrench. Then all you do is take them out and put in the new ones.The only hard part will be finding where they are (or at least I cannot explain it to you since I am not familiar with the car). Sorry I can't be more specific, but I have never seen the engine compartment of a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

No comments:

Post a Comment