Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Can I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?

I have no way of getting into town to get a tool so I am wondering if I can do it without one.Can I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?yea bud they are preset so it will run without setting them, if you are into tweaking it juss right i would go get the tool its like 97cents but juss pop um in,if its lacking power or having trouble starting then set em but i dont know how you gonna get the plugs if you cant get into town...but yea there set to the basic average size so no worries

have a good dayCan I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?Yea you can do it without. If you have all new spark plugs, all you have to do is change them. they are already at the space they need to beCan I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?You can....but no more that they cost you might as well do it while the plugs are out.Can I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?If you buy the plugs recommended in the owner's manual of most modern cars, they come pre-gapped. Thus you don't need a gap measurement tool.



Many spark plugs even say on the box DO NOT GAP because it can damage the prong or electrode.



So as long as you're replacing the old plugs with new ones that were recommended for your vehicle (check your owner's manual or call your nearest parts store to ask what plugs are O.E.M. replacements according to their parts computer), you shouldn't have to gap 'em.Can I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?Yes. You can take out your old spark plugs and see the size of the gap and try to match it.



Usually you can use a dime for gapping. Most sparkplugs have a usable gap from the factory, and that might work out of the box (my last set did).Can I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?Depending on where you buy your spark plugs, just use the gap measurement tools at the counter of the parts store. Most places are happy to help you gap the plugs while at the storeCan I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?if you take your plugs to a auto zone or something similar, they will gap them for you. if you dont verify the gap is correct your car wont run properlyCan I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?yes, usually they are gapped correctly, but you can compare them as you pull out the old ones( as long as they arent really bad off)Can I change my spark plugs without a gap measurement tool?if you need the same gap and the plugs are the same you can duplicate the the feeler gauge. I can't think of %26quot; with what %26quot; though/ It's also a possibility the plugs already were gapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment