Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change the spark plugs on a 92 Cheve lumina 3.1 liter?

Can i simply take off the engine mounts and pull the engine forward or is there more too it?How do I change the spark plugs on a 92 Cheve lumina 3.1 liter?Yep, that's how I did it! With those dog bones off,have some one push the car forward and lean on it till it doesn't move back. Put the E-brake on and block the front wheels from behind the tire. I also taped the plug socket to the extension so it would not get hung up on the plug when I got the new plug tightened down. Pull the wires off and install the new plug one at a time, its easy to get them crossed.How do I change the spark plugs on a 92 Cheve lumina 3.1 liter?you can pull the engine forward, Lisle makes a tool to do this actually.

you can also pull the intake plenum off to get to the rear plugs easier.

just buy a new gasket for the plenum and bolt it back on.How do I change the spark plugs on a 92 Cheve lumina 3.1 liter?That almost covers it, but you do need to remove the coolant recovery bottle, without disconnecting any hoses and set it aside, as well as the two torque strut to engine brackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment