Thursday, September 15, 2011

I had my spark plugs change at an auto shop, now my car is overheating. Please help?

Drove home from Auto Shop aftering having my spark plugs change yesterday and today my car is overheating.

PLEASE HELP...I had my spark plugs change at an auto shop, now my car is overheating. Please help?I think your just a victim of coincidence. Changing your spark plugs will usually have nothing to do with the cooling system. What kind of car is it? I would check the coolant level and make sure it's full and then return the car to the shop and have them check the cooling system. Also have them double check and make sure the right spark plugs were installed.I had my spark plugs change at an auto shop, now my car is overheating. Please help?Normaly a shop will not only change the plugs, but will also do a tune up and if the timing were set wrong that would possibly cause an overheating problem. You did not mention if the car was running poorly or not but if when the spark plug wires were put back onto the plugs they were not put on the right ones. This is why when you are changing spark plugs it is wise to do them one at a time since the firing order is so very important.I had my spark plugs change at an auto shop, now my car is overheating. Please help?Check your thermostat to see if it's sticking, and check your radaitor for leaks and low coolant, also check your fan to see if it is coming on when it suppose to.I had my spark plugs change at an auto shop, now my car is overheating. Please help?Check the antifreeze resivor and make sure it's full. probably has nothing to do with the spark plugs.I had my spark plugs change at an auto shop, now my car is overheating. Please help?changing the plugs should do that. it,s probably the thermostat is sticking.I had my spark plugs change at an auto shop, now my car is overheating. Please help?Spark plugs have nothing whatsoever to do with engine cooling. You have to treat them as seperate issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment