Monday, September 19, 2011

Should i change the spark plugs of my 91 honda accord?

Okay so I got my Accord last december and I change the spark plugs since then I have put 6,000 miles at the most. So I want to do a tune up to my car because its being kind of slow like if it doesnt get enough gasoline. So should I also change the spark plugs? I dont think I should but I want to hear ur opinionsShould i change the spark plugs of my 91 honda accord?If there's only 6k miles on the last plugs you put in then absolutely not. Your sluggish acceleration is most likely a combination of dirty fuel injectors, a dirty fuel filter, dirty air filter, and a dirty intake.



If you want to do a full tune-up, go for it...replace the PCV valve, plug wires, air filter, fuel filter, O2 sensor, put injector cleaner in the fuel tank, clean out the intake (intake cleaner can be purchased at any auto parts store) and inspect belts, fluid levels, etc.



If by some chance you installed Bosch plugs then remove them, burn them, run them over. Bosch plugs are of horrible quality, they cause nothing but trouble with the electrical system on most cars. NGK is always your best bet!



Hope this helpsShould i change the spark plugs of my 91 honda accord?no they should last 50,000 min...but it might pay to look at them...change cap/wires/rptpr..Should i change the spark plugs of my 91 honda accord?Pull them, check them for cleanliness. Are they black or brown or white. If so you have some problems. Black is oil or not hot enough of a spark plug. Brown is mixing different gas brands togeather. White is water and not good at all. If all is ok check the gap andreinstall. Check your fuel filter. That may be causing the luggishness. Also check tha air filter and the timing of the engine.Should i change the spark plugs of my 91 honda accord?No, don't change them. If the correct spark plugs are gapped and installed correctly they are OK. Spark plugs can last up to 100,000 miles with modern electronic ignition systems.Should i change the spark plugs of my 91 honda accord?Plugs are probably fine, drop in a bottle of fuel injector cleaner. Anything over $5 will work fine

No comments:

Post a Comment