Thursday, September 15, 2011

Can I change the spark plugs myself in the 95 Honda?

I need a tune-up. Can I change the spark plugs myself?Can I change the spark plugs myself in the 95 Honda?Yes you can. There is a special spark plug socket wrench that will make it easier. The store can help you with the right spark plugs. The plugs come pre-gapped but don't trust it. Spend the extra .95 cents or so to buy a gapper. The spark plug box will tell you the gap it needs to be. To remove a spark plug simply remove the spark plug wire and remove the plug like you would an ordinary bolt using the socket wrench. If the plug is gapped properly, go ahead and put the new plug in the same as you took it out. Rinse and repeat. :)

Be careful not to pull the spark plug wire by the wire itself. Get close to the head and pull off. You don't want to damage these, easy to replace but very expensive.Can I change the spark plugs myself in the 95 Honda?If it's just the 4 cylinder ya you probably could do it yourself. If your just replacing the spark plugs you need to carefully twist and pull the spark plug wires off so you don't break it if your replacing the wires then rip them off of the plugs! I would recommend doing one cylinder at a time so you don't mess up the firing order. You will need a 3/8 ratchet and a 5/8 spark plug socket with at-least a 8%26quot; extension loosen the plug remove it and when you install the new plug put a little anti-seeze lubricant on the threads of the plug then tighten it. When you install the plug give it a 1/4 turn when it gets tight then re-install the wire by pushing it down all the way it will probably click when its on then on to the next plug. Make sure you gap the plugs with a gaping tool witch is a dollar at most stores.Can I change the spark plugs myself in the 95 Honda?yes and oil air filter...



To do so buy a haynes manual.

Get the tools you need



set aside 2 hours for beginner.



Keep the money the garage would have charged and have a pat on the back.Can I change the spark plugs myself in the 95 Honda?Yes, you should change the wires also. Make sure to buy a Spark Plug feeler gauge ($1) %26amp; measure that the plugs are the right distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment